Sunday 19 June 2016

Still Dancing With My Father

Again, I never usually celebrate occasions as they occur and my parents are very understanding of this. Giving thanks for the second King in my life, the first being the man above who placed me in the arms of my parents. Blessings and honour being sent to my father, aka Pharaoh who was and still is a great disciplinarian, counsellor, mentor, father, and friend not only to his children, but to his nieces and nephews both biological and honourary and many relatives and friends.










 We were always having fun with daddy with him throwing us up in the air and proverbially dancing with us. As we got older we saw a side of daddy that we didn't love, we called this side Pharaoh. We thought daddy was Dr. Evil, he was so strict, things that used to be fun, were fun no more. We ended in his judicial system and Lord have mercy, the sentencing being handed out was not fun at all. We couldn't do this and we couldn't do that, like seriously, daddy flipped a switch and it threw us off balance. 




Now, as for me the self proclaimed rebel, as I journey through adulthood I finally understood why daddy transformed from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde when I see other childhood counterparts of ours. Daddy wanted the best for us, but, under his regime we thought it was wickedness, which we now realize was love. My siblings and I have now "passed the proverbial worst" and are all productively contributing to society. None of us became a statistic and we are empowering others to rise above their situation and live the dream that our forefathers had for us.




Pharaoh and I meet at least once per week where he "re-imparts" more life lessons. I'm giving thanks for him being there for me and for being not only a pillar of strength but as a fountain of wisdom. Thank you for setting the foundation daddy and the standards that I'm to be willing to accept and those that I should throw away.



#MerryFathersDay #BlessedBeyondMeasure #StillDancingWithMyFather #CelebrateLife #DaddyMoments #CircleOfLife #RebelAndThePharaoh


Don't forget to Like, Comment, Share and SUBSCRIBE for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment